April 04, 2018

WrestleManja Preview 2018 Edition

I think I'm gonna try to do this whole preview by memory and not look at the card on Wikipedia. Think I can do it? If I do...does that mean I'm stoked for Mania celebrations?

Mustafa Ali vs Cedric Alexander for the Cruiserweight Championship 
Not the match I wanted to see, but I'm sure it will be entertaining. 205 Live has been enjoyable lately (and I even kinda liked the era of that one guy who has been scrubbed). Last year Neville and Aries basically had match of the night so....yeah.

The Bar vs Braun Strowman...and Hypothetically Brain Strowman
Kinda disappointed Braun doesn't have a bigger spot...but maybe whomever his partner is will make it a huge spot. Nice to see Cesaro on a good spot on the card. 

The Fabulo.....err Women's Battle Royale
Basically headlined by the Sasha Banks/Bayley feud. Good excuse to get a lot of Women on the card? I hope the Iconic Duo debut.

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax for the RAW Women's Championship 
Is this an actual match? Oddly kinda feel like it's not. I'll cover my bases and include it. It's been "quite" the feud. Alexa is the best.

The Andre The Giant Battle Royale
If it was me booking...Curt Hawkins accidently wins and is disappointed that the steak is over.

The Usos vs The New Day vs The Bludgeon Brothers for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship 
Weird spot for your most over Tag Team...who continue to evolve and create gold/cook pancakes. I see those hammer guys winning.

Bobby Roode vs Randy Orton vs Jindar Mahal vs Rusev for the United States Championship 
While not quite the Yes! Movement...Rusev Day continues to be the most over thing on tv. Good job on Aidan English being the new Sandow. 

The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor for the Intercontinental Championship 
I really enjoy Finn on social media with all his "over" jokes. This could end up being a really fun match. 

The Obligatory Elias Song probably featuring The Rock
Nuff Said

Charlotte Flair vs Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Championship
So the Lakers just beat the Spurs. First time they've  gone 3-0 vs the Spurs since 06 apparently. I would guess this match will be very good. 

Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens vs DBD and Shane McMahon
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.                   Oh boy. Little Daniel in little trunks. Doing little Daniel things. Oh boy. Fucking stoked. So happy. Oh boy. It's gonna be great.

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon vs Rowdy Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle
Think about like 3 years ago. Not even remotely imaginable. This is decent fun stuff to be shown on ESPN. That's what Mania is all about.

John Cena vs the Hypothetical Undertaker
This will be a something. If the build hadn't been so weird I might have been tempted to do a "Book This Challenge" like that last important Cena match. It would be really entertaining if Cena just drank people's beer in the crowd. 

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship 
All hail the greatest babyface in WWE History. I bow down to the Beast.

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship 
This is like a coming out party. A match based on competition that is as or more intriguing than anything else on the card. Go us for being able to watch this (again....but in a different place).

Okay. What did I miss? I'm gonna go look now. Holy shit...according to Wikipedia I did them all. And more! Fuck yeah. Now I'm only 3ish? Events from catching up with NJPW.

Woo. Yes! That Shawn cutting his hair thing is still upsetting me. Woo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment